A Castletown football fan is holding a charity auction on Saturday with many items collected during a grueling road trip around Scottish football stadiums which he recently completed.
Dave Paterson visited 42 Scottish Professional Football League grounds over seven days to raise money for Parkinson’s UK.
Ex-serviceman Dave (59), who was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease eight years ago, has taken long-distance trips before – such as John O’Groats at Land’s End and a tour of the 47 lifesaving stations in Ireland.
He will celebrate his 60th birthday with a party on Saturday April 30 at Thurso Royal British Legion and an auction will be held in aid of Parkinson’s UK. Dave, an avid Celtic supporter, has decided to combine his passion for football with his love of travel in his first fundraiser for the national charity which is always open to online donations at: gofund.me/749d4a19
Together with his friend Davy Brown, also an army veteran, and his wife Ali, the trio traveled more than 1,200 miles in a vintage truck. Dave said: “We left Castletown on the morning of Saturday April 2. The first stop was Ross County FC and over the next six days we visited all 42 Scottish senior football clubs and finished at Hampden Park at the end. afternoon on Thursday April 7. After a good rest in Paisley on Thursday evening, we then made the 300 mile return trip on Friday, making a total of 1575 miles for the week.
“Tuesday was a rest day, with a well deserved shopping spree for Ali Brown. On other days we visited between 6 and 11 clubs a day, depending on geography.”
The army veteran added: “Now we are finishing the job and have had an auction night this Saturday 30th April at Thurso Royal British Legion. I have attached the list of items. We have a football signed Partick Thistle who has not yet been added to the list.”
Dave’s “End of The Road Auction Night” is at 7 p.m. and early bids can be emailed to him at [email protected] by 6 p.m. on April 30.
His list includes:
- Signed Scotland men’s football shirt
- Signed Scotland women’s football shirt
- Shirt signed Motherwell
- Unsigned St. Mirren shirt
- Unsigned Falkirk shirt
- Boxing glove signed Ricky Burns
- Matchday Hospitality for two at Peterhead FC Season 2022/23
- Match tickets for two in “The Padded Seats” at Aberdeen FC – Season 2022/23.
- Matchday hospitality for two at Albion Rovers FC. “Don’t bring the car”
- Meet the legend that is Gordon Lind
- Match tickets for two at Hamilton Accies season 2022/23
- Match tickets for two – your choice of home or away section for the 2022/23 season
- £50 Dundee United Club Shop Voucher
Balls signed by:
- Ross County FC
- Cove Rangers F.C.
- Airdrieonians FC
Unsigned footballs from:
- Albion Rovers
- SPFL – Tunnock’s Caramel Wafer Cup Official Ball
- Elgin City FC Scarf
Football fan Dave prepares for a charity road trip around 42 Scottish league grounds